To review the grievance processes for a Title IX related report or Formal Complaint, visit the revised HOP 3-3031: Prohibition of Sexual Assault, Interpersonal Violence, Stalking, Sexual Harassment, and Sex Discrimination
Grievance Process: Track A, Track B, Track C and Title IX Hearings in Primary and Secondary Schools.
Authorization for Release of Information Form
As a Complainant or a Respondent, you have the following rights during an investigation:
- To be informed of and have access to counseling, medical, academic, and other applicable support services, including confidential resources.
- To be informed of the importance of a victim going to a hospital for treatment and the preservation of evidence, if applicable, as soon as practicable after an alleged incident.
- To be informed of a notice of a formal complaint to the University, whether filed by a complainant or the Title IX Coordinator.
- To receive a prompt, fair, equitable, and impartial grievance process.
- To receive information and ask questions about the formal and informal processes available.
- To be given equal chance to participate in a grievance process, including the opportunity to identify witnesses and other relevant evidence.
- To choose not to actively participate in the grievance process, if desired.
- To have an advisor of choice present during all meetings and grievance proceedings.
- To have an advisor provided for a party at a hearing under the Title IX grievance process, if an advisor of choice is not present.
- To have access and equal opportunity to inspect and review any evidence obtained as part of the investigation, and to receive a copy of the completed investigation report.
- To be equally informed of any determinations regarding responsibility, dismissals of formal complaints, and/or a party’s filing of an appeal.
- To appeal a determination regarding responsibility and/or dismissals of formal complaints.
- To file a report with local and/or campus law enforcement authorities
Student Services Building (SSB) 4.204
100 W Dean Keeton Suite 4.204
Austin, Texas 78701